In this article we will talk about the best sunscreens for face and body according to notamole.com. The review included 7 popular brands: La Roche-Posay, EltaMD, SkinCeuticals, Garnier, Kiehl's, Lancôme, L'Oréal Paris.
To begin with, let's briefly go through the main characteristics of sunscreens.
Types and composition
In sunscreens, the main active component is sunscreen filters. To date, there are two types of filters that pursue the same goal (to protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation), but go to it in different ways.
Physical Filters Physical (mineral) filters are crushed minerals - titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. They do not penetrate the epidermis, reflect the sun's rays from the surface of the skin, give it a whitish hue, are well tolerated by sensitive skin, have weak water resistance.
Chemical Filters Chemical (organic) filters are complex compounds such as parsol 1789, octocrylene and benzene. They penetrate the skin and absorb ultraviolet light, converting solar energy into heat. They protect well from UVA rays, preventing photoaging. Water-resistant.
Chemical filters are so called not because they contain some terrible chemistry (they are all of natural origin), but because these substances are absorbed into the stratum corneum of the epidermis and provoke a chemical reaction there that neutralizes UV rays. However, during this chemical reaction, the filter itself is destroyed, that is, such protection is short-lived.
Degree of protection SPF: what is it?
Sun Protection Factor (sun protection factor) indicates the amount of GMF rays that the cream blocks. For example: SPF 30 — 93%; SPF 50 (+) — 98–99%.
The abbreviation PPD (PA in the Asian market) indicates the degree of protection from the rays of the A spectrum. They do not cause burns, are not responsible for sunburn, but provoke photoaging, hyperpigmentation and neoplasms on the skin. If the ratio of SPF and PPD of the product tends to 2.5 or 3, then the label UVA or Broad Spectrum (wide spectrum of protection) appears on the package, meaning that the cream provides reliable protection of the skin from type A rays.
Important! No sunscreen provides one hundred percent protection from the sun, so there is no such thing as a "cream from tan"
Defining the phototype
The defining characteristic of the phototype of the skin is its photosensitivity, its natural ability to protect itself from the sun, that is, to produce melanin under the influence of ultraviolet light. The higher this ability, the lower the risk of burns, and hence the development of skin cancer.
There are six phototypes in total. To determine your own, you do not need to sit in the sun with a stopwatch and wait for the skin to turn red. External parameters serve as reference points:
1) skin tone; 2) eye and hair color; 3) number of freckles.
I CELTIC;red/blonde - milky white/pinkish - blue/green;Yes;Always;No
II LIGHT-SKINNED EUROPEAN (NORDIC);blonde/light brown - light/cream - gray/ green;Yes;Always;light, golden, honey
III DARK-SKINNED EUROPEAN (MIDDLE EUROPEAN);dark brown/brown - ivory -gray/brown;Yes;Often;dark honey or chocolate
IV MEDITERRANEAN;dark brown/brunette - olive - dark brown;No;Rarely;dark, chocolate
V ASIAN (INDONESIAN);black - dark brown - dark brown;No;Rarely;very dark
VI AFRICAN;black hair, skin and eyes;No;No;black
Choosing the degree of protection
The necessary degree of protection from the sun depends not only on the phototype, but also on the activity of the sun, which increases with the arrival of the warm season and geographical proximity to the equator.
It is obvious that representatives of the V and VI phototypes, who never burn, formally do not need a sunscreen. However, even dermatologists recommend using sanskrit with an average SPF to protect the skin from the effects of UVA rays, which provoke early aging, age spots and skin cancer.
Phototype;Moderate solar activity;High;Very high
I CELTIC;SPF 30;SPF 50;SPF 50+
II LIGHT-SKINNED EUROPEAN (NORDIC);SPF 20;SPF 30;SPF 50
III DARK-SKINNED EUROPEAN (MIDDLE EUROPEAN);SPF 15;SPF 20;SPF 30
IV MEDITERRANEAN;SPF 15;SPF 20;SPF 30
V ASIAN (INDONESIAN);-;SPF 20;SPF 20
VI AFRICAN;-;SPF 20;SPF 20
Top 10 Sunscreens
The review includes 7 popular brands: La Roche-Posay, EltaMD, SkinCeuticals, Garnier, Kiehl's, Lancôme, L'Oreal Paris.
1. Mattifying gel cream Anthelios XL, SPF 50+/PPD21, La Roche-Posay is a favorite of owners of oily and problematic skin: it has a light non-sticky texture and a non-comedogenic formula, provides maximum protection from the sun and tames greasy shine. Instantly absorbed, reduces the visibility of pores and serves as an excellent base for makeup.
2. Mattifying face Cream UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46, EltaMD is quickly absorbed and creates a powdery effect. The formula includes four types of filters (including mineral filters) plus vitamin E for antioxidant protection. It restrains greasy shine in conditions of high humidity in the city and on the beach, maintains the level of hydration of the skin due to the action of hyaluronic acid. Suitable for oily and problematic skin.
3. Sunscreen with moisturizing effect Mineral Radiance UV Defense, SPF 50, SkinCeuticals protects oily and problematic skin with a combination of chemical and mineral filters, simultaneously leveling its surface and preventing clogging of pores due to sulfonic acid, which stimulates exfoliation of dead cells. The formula is enriched with vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)— one of the most powerful antioxidants, and karite oil, which maintains the integrity of the hydrolipidic mantle and prevents dehydration.
4. Ultra-light fluid Anthelios XL, SPF 50+ / PPD 46, La Roche-Posay - for reliable protection of skin prone to allergies and redness. Leaves no traces, gives the skin softness and matte. The natural mineral perlite absorbs excess sebum, but it does not dry. Additionally, antioxidants protect the skin, including selenium, which is rich in La Roche-Posay thermal water, which is part of the composition. The fluid can be used after aesthetic procedures.
5. Ambre Solaire cream, SPF 50+, Garnier, protects light sensitive skin of the face and body thanks to a hypoallergenic waterproof formula supplemented with moisturizing and emollient components. It is well absorbed and does not leave a greasy film feeling.
Despite the fact that "phototype" and "skin type" are completely different, unrelated concepts, dermatologists recommend choosing a sunscreen with maximum SPF if you have oily, and even more problematic skin prone to allergies and hyperpigmentation.
Important! Regardless of the ultimate goal: to get a good tan or to protect the skin from darkening — in the first days of vacation, use a cream with maximum protection.
6. Eclipse SPF 50+ Sunscreen, IS CLINICAL Sunscreen lotion for face and body combines water resistance, long-term protection from broad-spectrum rays and long-term hydration with a non-sticky texture that is comfortable for the skin. Antioxidants obtained from goji berries neutralize the effect of free radicals. The formula contains no oils, perfumes, parabens and silicones.
7. Moisturizing BB sunscreen face cream Soleil Bronzer, SPF 50, Lancôme, contains antioxidants and valuable argan, monoy and rosehip oils. Protects the skin from photoaging and dehydration caused by exposure to solar radiation. It is quickly absorbed, forming a light protective film and leveling the complexion due to corrective pigments.
9. Sunscreen with Hyperbright complex for the prevention of pigmentation Brightening UV Defense SPF 30, SkinCeuticals, according to users, is one of the best products for every day. It has a light texture, absorbs quickly and without a trace, effectively moisturizes and therefore serves as a good basis for makeup. Not only protects the skin, but also gives it radiance, and also fights pigmentation spots. Without perfumes.
10. Sublime Sun spray, SPF 30, L'Oréal Paris, with Mexoryl SX filters, vitamin E and jasmine extract provides enhanced skin protection from ultraviolet radiation, preventing the appearance of premature wrinkles and age spots. Having a light non-greasy texture, the product is quickly absorbed, bringing the skin a sense of comfort.
After the beach, the cream with SPF should be washed off with a mild cleanser, and then applied to the face with a light moisturizer / gel or serum.
Step #1:Leave contact details for delivery and feedback. Step #2: After adding contacts, you will be taken to the PayPal, where you can pay for mole tracker and delivery in two clicks. To pay in installments, add to the address field "buy with Klarna". Then an SMS message will come to your phone with a link to the service where you can pay for the device in installments.
On the day of payment, we transmit the information to the delivery service. The delivery time to residents of the USA is 3-7 days, for the whole world - 14-20 days, depending on the recipient's address. Read the Return policy